Launch

Greg Smith

We made a request to the Park District and are waiting for an answer from them, so we’re trying to be proactive about it. My hunch – and it’s only that – is that we’ll continue to be shut down until Phase 4 of the reopening plan, which could come around the end of June (if the virus cooperates). But we haven’t heard anything officially yet.

- GDS

From: cia-rocketry@groups.io [mailto:cia-rocketry@groups.io] On Behalf Of Rick Lyons via groups.io
Sent: Saturday, May 30, 2020 7:03 PM
To: cia-rocketry@groups.io
Subject: Re: [cia-rocketry] Launch

On a local note, any word when the park will be open for rocket launching? I've really got the itch.

Rick Lyons

I was watching. Kept my string intact. I've lucky enough to watch the first manned flight of every U S manned spacecraft. On a local note, any word when the park will be open for rocket launching? I've really got the itch.

On Saturday, May 30, 2020, 2:57:42 PM CDT, Greg Smith <gregs@...> wrote:

They did it. Congratulations to the NASA and SpaceX crews.

I sure missed Walter Cronkite and Wally Schirra doing the commentary, though!

I guess the trick to holding a launch during the pandemic is to invite the President to watch, and to own the flying site yourself.