From: Wes Cravens <wcravens@...>
Date: 4/22/20 4:52 PM (GMT-06:00)
To: cia-rocketry@groups.io
Subject: [cia-rocketry] Elastic for Masks

Hello everyone,

My Wife works for Courage Connection, the Champaign-Urbana domestic violence shelter.  They have someone making masks for them but they are short on elastic.  Osj (my wife) checked the local hobby craft stores and haberdasheries but can't find any.  We raided a little bit from my rocket supplies.

If anyone has any elastic ribbon or rubber that they would be willing to share it would help them out a lot. Let me know.

All the best,

Wes

Wes Cravens

Probably anything 1/4” - 1/2” would be helpful.

Wes

On Wed, Apr 22, 2020 at 5:54 PM Christopher Deem <chris-deem@...> wrote:
What size do you need?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

My Wife works for Courage Connection, the Champaign-Urbana domestic violence shelter.  They have someone making masks for them but they are short on elastic.  Osj (my wife) checked the local hobby craft stores and haberdasheries but can't find any.  We raided a little bit from my rocket supplies.

If anyone has any elastic ribbon or rubber that they would be willing to share it would help them out a lot. Let me know.

All the best,

Wes

Timothy Cole

Does it need to be elastic? We just used regular ribbon strung through each side of the mask and tied it in back when wearing.

On Apr 22, 2020, at 6:34 PM, Wes Cravens <wcravens@...> wrote:

Probably anything 1/4” - 1/2” would be helpful.

Wes

On Wed, Apr 22, 2020 at 5:54 PM Christopher Deem <chris-deem@...> wrote:
What size do you need?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

My Wife works for Courage Connection, the Champaign-Urbana domestic violence shelter.  They have someone making masks for them but they are short on elastic.  Osj (my wife) checked the local hobby craft stores and haberdasheries but can't find any.  We raided a little bit from my rocket supplies.

If anyone has any elastic ribbon or rubber that they would be willing to share it would help them out a lot. Let me know.

All the best,

Wes

Wes Cravens

I only know what has been requested of me. :-).   But I'll suggest that to the boss.  It could be a good idea.

Wes

On Wed, Apr 22, 2020 at 7:00 PM Timothy Cole <Fxguy1@...> wrote:
[...]

Christopher Deem

If your wife can use 1/8th inch elastic., I have some pre cut Estes shock cords. I will see how many I can dig up, some of them are 1/4 inch.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

My Wife works for Courage Connection, the Champaign-Urbana domestic violence shelter.  They have someone making masks for them but they are short on elastic.  Osj (my wife) checked the local hobby craft stores and haberdasheries but can't find any.  We raided a little bit from my rocket supplies.

If anyone has any elastic ribbon or rubber that they would be willing to share it would help them out a lot. Let me know.

All the best,

Wes

Wes Cravens

I think that the 1/8 will be fine.  Osj thought it might be a bit small... but my thinking is that anything that works will work.  She's worried that if people are wearing them all day that it might feel uncomfortable.  But again, what works will work.  And it beats a respirator no matter what!!!

Wes

On Wed, Apr 22, 2020 at 11:28 PM Christopher Deem <chris-deem@...> wrote:
If your wife can use 1/8th inch elastic., I have some pre cut Estes shock cords. I will see how many I can dig up, some of them are 1/4 inch.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

My Wife works for Courage Connection, the Champaign-Urbana domestic violence shelter.  They have someone making masks for them but they are short on elastic.  Osj (my wife) checked the local hobby craft stores and haberdasheries but can't find any.  We raided a little bit from my rocket supplies.

If anyone has any elastic ribbon or rubber that they would be willing to share it would help them out a lot. Let me know.

All the best,

Wes

William Carney

I've got at least 75 yards of 1/4 on a spool.
William

In a message dated 4/22/2020 4:52:05 PM Central Standard Time, wcravens@... writes:

Hello everyone,

My Wife works for Courage Connection, the Champaign-Urbana domestic violence shelter.  They have someone making masks for them but they are short on elastic.  Osj (my wife) checked the local hobby craft stores and haberdasheries but can't find any.  We raided a little bit from my rocket supplies.

If anyone has any elastic ribbon or rubber that they would be willing to share it would help them out a lot. Let me know.

All the best,

Wes

William Carney

Actually it's 1/8 inch.  But I've got quite a bit on the spool.
William

In a message dated 4/23/2020 4:59:25 AM Central Standard Time, WillCarney@... writes:

I've got at least 75 yards of 1/4 on a spool.
William

In a message dated 4/22/2020 4:52:05 PM Central Standard Time, wcravens@... writes:

Hello everyone,

My Wife works for Courage Connection, the Champaign-Urbana domestic violence shelter.  They have someone making masks for them but they are short on elastic.  Osj (my wife) checked the local hobby craft stores and haberdasheries but can't find any.  We raided a little bit from my rocket supplies.

If anyone has any elastic ribbon or rubber that they would be willing to share it would help them out a lot. Let me know.

All the best,

Wes

Wes Cravens

Can you donate some to see if it will work for them?

Wes

In a message dated 4/23/2020 4:59:25 AM Central Standard Time, WillCarney=aol.com@groups.io writes:

I've got at least 75 yards of 1/4 on a spool.
William

In a message dated 4/22/2020 4:52:05 PM Central Standard Time, wcravens@... writes:

Hello everyone,

My Wife works for Courage Connection, the Champaign-Urbana domestic violence shelter.  They have someone making masks for them but they are short on elastic.  Osj (my wife) checked the local hobby craft stores and haberdasheries but can't find any.  We raided a little bit from my rocket supplies.

If anyone has any elastic ribbon or rubber that they would be willing to share it would help them out a lot. Let me know.

All the best,

Wes

Christopher Deem

Two of the majs I h

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

Ve use 1/8th elasSubject: Re: [cia-rocketry] Elastic for Masks

[...]

"Two of the majs I h"

Ya'll right there bud?  It seemed to go a bit sideways. :-)

Wes

On Thu, Apr 23, 2020 at 9:36 AM Christopher Deem <chris-deem@...> wrote:
Two of the majs I h

[...]

Jonathan Sivier

Aren't the Estes shock cords just rubber, rather than fabric sewing elastic? If those would work I have a bag of them we have replaced at workshops.

Jonathan

On Wed, Apr 22, 2020 at 11:28 PM Christopher Deem <chris-deem@... <mailto:chris-deem@...>> wrote:

If your wife can use 1/8th inch elastic., I have some pre cut Estes shock cords. I will see how many I can dig up, some of them are 1/4 inch.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

My Wife works for Courage Connection, the Champaign-Urbana domestic violence shelter.  They have someone making masks for them but they are short on elastic.  Osj (my wife) checked the local hobby craft stores and haberdasheries but can't find any.  We raided a little bit from my rocket supplies.

If anyone has any elastic ribbon or rubber that they would be willing to share it would help them out a lot. Let me know.

All the best,

Wes

Wes Cravens

Let me give them some of my rubber shock cords.  And if they decide that they will work I'll reach out again to see what folks have to spare.

Many thanks,

Wes

On Thu, Apr 23, 2020 at 11:45 AM Jonathan Sivier <jsivier@...> wrote:
[...]

I have dug up a bunch of short elastic shock cords, when do you want them?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

My Wife works for Courage Connection, the Champaign-Urbana domestic violence shelter.  They have someone making masks for them but they are short on elastic.  Osj (my wife) checked the local hobby craft stores and haberdasheries but can't find any.  We raided a little bit from my rocket supplies.

If anyone has any elastic ribbon or rubber that they would be willing to share it would help them out a lot. Let me know.

All the best,

Wes

Christopher Deem

The older ones were elastic, they switched to rubber several years ago. Back when I was a kid they were rubber.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

My Wife works for Courage Connection, the Champaign-Urbana domestic violence shelter.  They have someone making masks for them but they are short on elastic.  Osj (my wife) checked the local hobby craft stores and haberdasheries but can't find any.  We raided a little bit from my rocket supplies.

If anyone has any elastic ribbon or rubber that they would be willing to share it would help them out a lot. Let me know.

All the best,

Wes

William Carney

My role is fabric sewing elastic.  I could send a few feet by mail.  Just where?
William

In a message dated 4/23/2020 11:45:59 AM Central Standard Time, jsivier@... writes:

[...]

edwin hartle

Greetings Wes!

I have at least one 1/4 inch roll of elastic I can send. Please shoot me an e-mail and I can get it in the mail no later than Monday!

Evil Ed

On Thursday, April 23, 2020, 11:05:59 PM EDT, William Carney via groups.io <willcarney@...> wrote:

[...]

Many thanks!!! That is much appreciated.  You can send it to me at 811 Trailway Drive, Champaign, IL 61822.

Wes

On Thursday, April 23, 2020, 11:05:59 PM EDT, William Carney via groups.io <willcarney=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:

[...]

Did it get there OK?