From: cia-rocketry@groups.io <cia-rocketry@groups.io> On Behalf Of Gary Slater
Sent: Sunday, February 23, 2020 6:35 PM
To: cia-rocketry@groups.io
Subject: Re: [cia-rocketry] #Launch is GO

Only about five flights other than the student launch.

The students took most of the day prepping ejection charges, shock cords, etc.  They flew on a K1050 to about 3650 feet ( Mark that was it ? ). Their OR prediction was about 4400.

The flight up and the charges etc all went very well. There was damage to the apparatus designed to house and release the drone which was a near total loss however. The drogue also suffered a minor issue with one of the  cords being torn out.

I think we were all pleased with the student flight in general.

Anyone that cares to add or correct anything incorrectly stated please feel free. Also add and photos available.

On Feb 23, 2020, at 5:33 PM, steven dramstad <sdramstad@...> wrote:

 How did it go today?

On Feb 23, 2020, at 8:51 AM, Greg Smith <gregs@...> wrote:

At 8:00 AM, it was 39°F in Decatur, with a few clouds at 6,000', and a SSW wind at 13 mph.

Conditions are not perfect, but are within our flying limits, so we will meet at the Forsyth field as planned at 10:00 AM to begin setup for our launch.

- GDS

(re-sending with proper hashtag)

Christopher Deem

Nice pictures, I wish I could have been there.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.