Topics

#Launch is GO #Launch

steven dramstad

Wish I could have been there...

On Feb 23, 2020, at 6:35 PM, Gary Slater <gws77@...> wrote:

Only about five flights other than the student launch.

The students took most of the day prepping ejection charges, shock cords, etc.  They flew on a K1050 to about 3650 feet ( Mark that was it ? ). Their OR prediction was about 4400.

The flight up and the charges etc all went very well. There was damage to the apparatus designed to house and release the drone which was a near total loss however. The drogue also suffered a minor issue with one of the  cords being torn out.

I think we were all pleased with the student flight in general.

Anyone that cares to add or correct anything incorrectly stated please feel free. Also add and photos available.

On Feb 23, 2020, at 5:33 PM, steven dramstad <sdramstad@...> wrote:

 How did it go today?

On Feb 23, 2020, at 8:51 AM, Greg Smith <gregs@...> wrote:

At 8:00 AM, it was 39°F in Decatur, with a few clouds at 6,000', and a SSW wind at 13 mph.

Conditions are not perfect, but are within our flying limits, so we will meet at the Forsyth field as planned at 10:00 AM to begin setup for our launch.

- GDS

(re-sending with proper hashtag)

Joe Rice

Thanks, Greg.

On Feb 23, 2020, at 7:40 PM, Greg Smith <gregs@...> wrote:

No reason to apologize! People come and go from our launches all the time and there’s no obligation on anyone to stay from beginning to end. Feel free to stay as long as you’re having fun and leave if you have other obligations, have used up all your motors, or just aren’t “feeling it” anymore. We’re happy for getting to know people during the time they can afford to share with us.

- GDS

I apologize for leaving early. I got wet feet crossing the drainage ditch to recover my Punisher. Gotta get boots

Greg Smith