We have a rocket launch scheduled tomorrow, Saturday, January 25, at Dodds Park in Champaign.
Setup will begin at 12:00 noon, probably in the north half of the soccer field parking lots. Flying can continue until sunset at 5:03 PM. Our waiver allows flying motors through "H" class up to 4,000' MSL (about 3,250' from ground level).
The forecast isn't good:
Saturday - Snow likely before 11am, then a chance of rain and snow between 11am and 5pm, then a chance of snow after 5pm. Cloudy, with a high near 35. West wind 13 to 17 mph, with gusts as high as 26 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New snow accumulation of less than one inch possible.
I think it is unlikely we'll be able to fly. But I'll try to stay positive, so I won't post the final decision about the launch here until shortly after 11:00 AM tomorrow. You can call me after that time at 217-840-1678 for an update.
Our next launch will be Saturday, February 8 at Dodds Park.
Greg Smith N9LHI
NAR 15881 * TRA 1974
Director of Operations, Central Illinois Aerospace