We have a rocket launch scheduled tomorrow, Saturday, January 11, at Dodds Park in Champaign.
Setup will begin at 12:00 noon, probably in the north half of the soccer field parking lots. Flying can continue until sunset at 4:47 PM. Our waiver allows flying motors through "H" class up to 4,000' MSL (about 3,250' from ground level).
With apologies to the Three Stooges, the forecast, in a word, says, "fuhgeddaboudit":
Saturday - Rain. Temperature falling to around 37 by 5pm. North northeast wind 13 to 16 mph, with gusts as high as 26 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New precipitation amounts between a half and three quarters of an inch possible.
Wind AND clouds AND rain, what a deal! Although I don't have much doubt about the outcome, to maintain the high professional standards required by my election as your Operations Director, I'll look at the actual conditions and short term forecasts and post the final decision about the launch here shortly after 11:00 AM tomorrow. You can call me after that time at 217-840-1678 for an update.
Our next launch will be Saturday, January 25 at Dodds Park.
Greg Smith N9LHI
NAR 15881 * TRA 1974
Director of Operations, Central Illinois Aerospace