Topics

Outlook for special Monday #Launch

Greg Smith

We will hold a special off-cycle launch tomorrow, Monday, January 6, 2020, at the Forsyth farm field to assist the Illinois Space Society team making a required test flight for a rocketry challenge. There should also be time for some sport flying, if you're able to get away on a Monday afternoon.

For directions to this launch site, see http://www.ciarocketry.org/maps.html#forsyth

Setup will begin at 12:00 noon, toward the west end of Schellabarger Road where it runs through the middle of the field. Flying can continue until sunset at 4:42 PM. Our waiver allows flying up to 10,000' MSL (about 9,250' from ground level).

The forecast (NWS for Decatur) is pretty good:

-----

Monday - Partly sunny, with a high near 41. West wind around 6 mph becoming light and variable in the afternoon.

-----

I'm pretty confident we'll be able to fly at least the one required test vehicle. As always, I'll look at the actual conditions and short term forecasts and post the final decision about the launch here shortly after 10:00 AM tomorrow (an hour earlier than usual due to the long travel time to the launch site). You can call me after that time at 217-840-1678 for an update.

Our next regular club launch will be this Saturday, January 11 at Dodds Park.

greg@... 217-840-1678

William Carney

I'll be there.  William

Jonathan Sivier

We'll look forward to seeing you.

Jonathan

On 1/6/2020 10:36 AM, William Carney via Groups.Io wrote:
I'll be there.  William