Topics

off schedule launch on Monday at Forsyth #Launch

Jonathan Sivier

There is a U of I student group who had hoped to be able to fly their rocket at either our December 28 or January 1 launch. They need to get it flown in time to collect data for a report due next Friday as part of a competition sponsored by NASA. We were glad to help, but of course the weather didn't cooperate with us. So we have tried to figure out a time this weekend when we could hold an unscheduled launch to enable them to fly their rocket. Once again the weather this weekend isn't really suitable.

However, it looks like Monday, January 6, will be an acceptable day for flying. The rocket the students are planning flying requires a waiver and a fairly large recovery area, so we are planning to meet at the Forsyth launch site at noon on Monday. While the primary purpose will be to help the students fly their rocket there is no reason we can't fly our own rockets as well. We realize that many, if not most, people will be back to work or school on Monday. If, by some chance, you are able to come out and help that would be great. Think of it as a bonus launch to make up for the last several that have been cancelled.

I should be able to make it.
Any idea how long we may be out there?

On Jan 4, 2020, at 2:14 PM, Jonathan Sivier <jsivier@...> wrote:

[...]

Sunset is at 4:42, so probably some time before that. I have a box for you, I'll bring it.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

[...]

Ok thanks
Ill arrive prepared.

On Jan 4, 2020, at 8:09 PM, Christopher Deem <chris-deem@...> wrote:

[...]