Topics

CIA #LaunchReport

John Robbins

Hi All,

I had 7 flights on the day.   Little windy but no match for a chute release.

Estes

Red Flare

E12-6

589

12:11 AM

Good flight. Chute Release at 300.  Altimeter.  In the field.

Estes

Cherokee E

D12-5

664

12:52 PM

Great flight.  In the field.  Alt.

Estes

Big Daddy

E30-4T

745

1:51 PM

Had a F44 ready to go then after seeing Jonathan’s Star Blazer blast out of sight I was worried.  My ignitor failed which led me to change to an E.  Good choice.  Finally a second guess worked out!  Chute release at 300/altimeter.

Estes

Leviathan

F50-6T

892

2:25 PM

Great high flight.  Chute release at 300/altimeter.  Perfect engine.

Estes

Star Orbiter

E12-6

20

3:30 PM

Major league CATO.  See pic below.

Aerotech

Arreaux

F20-4W

739

3:31 PM

Good flight with chute release and altimeter.   Chute failed to fully deploy but landed softly.  No damage.

Aerotech

Strong Arm

F52-5T

838

4:18 PM

Went thru several igniters.  Realized the tape had come off the end of the grain and the igniter was pushed too far in.  Finally lit and was a great flight.  Chute release at 300. Altimeter.

Great hospitality and excellent location.

Hope to see everyone in December/January.

John

Greg Smith

Unfortunate outcome, but that’s a great shot of your E12 cato.

- GDS