Topics

FW: Launch CANCELED #Launch

Greg Smith

Forgot the hashtag on the first version for those who receive only the #launch announcements. Sorry!

From: cia-rocketry@groups.io [mailto:cia-rocketry@groups.io] On Behalf Of Greg Smith
Sent: Saturday, June 22, 2019 11:13 AM
To: cia-rocketry@groups.io
Subject: [cia-rocketry] Launch CANCELED

At 11:00 AM, it was 73°F in Champaign, with an ESE wind at 7 mph, and an overcast sky at 1100 feet.

The ceiling has to be at least as high as our waiver altitude in order to fly legally. In addition, rain and thunderstorms are expected later this afternoon. Therefore, today’s launch is canceled.

Sorry folks. We’ll try again in a couple of weeks. At least this is a LITTLE better than the weather the last couple of weekends. Maybe things are improving.

GregS@...  217-840-1678