Topics

Outlook for Sunday #Launch

Greg Smith

We have a rocket launch scheduled tomorrow, Sunday, April 28, at the farm field north of Forsyth, Illinois.

For directions to the launch site, see http://www.ciarocketry.org/maps.html#forsyth

Setup will begin at 12:00 noon. We can fly until sundown at 7:44 PM. There will be no waiver in effect for this launch (although a 10,000' waiver has been secured for future launches at this site).

The Decatur forecast is:

-----

Sunday - Mostly sunny, with a high near 58. North wind 10 to 13 mph becoming east southeast in the afternoon. Winds could gust as high as 20 mph.

-----

The main concern is the wind speed. Since wind forecasts are often inaccurate, we'll need to look at the actual conditions and will post the final launch status to this list around 10:30 AM Sunday. You can call me after 11:00 AM tomorrow at 217-840-1678 for information.

Our next scheduled launch will be on Saturday, May 11 at Dodds Park.

GregS@... 217-840-1678