Topics

Apollo 11

Gary Slater

It appears this movie has a very limited run in this country and is available only in IMAX.  If you want to see it, you have only today or tomorrow to travel to Indianapolis or Chicago to do so.  In a week, it will only be available at the museums in Washington DC.

One more time we people in downstate IL are out of luck.

I was really looking forward to it, much more than First Man.

Lon Westfall

Gary,

Apollo 11 (2019) is starting at Savoy theaters in standard definition only this Friday.  So it looks like it is available here, just not in IMAX.  I didn’t check beyond the weekend but there are several shows a day for at least a few days.

Is this not the same movie of which you are speaking???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zrq1wNwT6rw

Lon

It appears this movie has a very limited run in this country and is available only in IMAX.  If you want to see it, you have only today or tomorrow to travel to Indianapolis or Chicago to do so.  In a week, it will only be available at the museums in Washington DC.

One more time we people in downstate IL are out of luck.

I was really looking forward to it, much more than First Man.

Gary Slater

Yes that is the same movie.  I just happened across an ad for it but it was on IMAX and it said there, IMAX only.  I didn't even look for it elsewhere.

On March 6, 2019 at 4:27 PM Lon Westfall <l.westfall@...> wrote:

Gary,

Apollo 11 (2019) is starting at Savoy theaters in standard definition only this Friday.  So it looks like it is available here, just not in IMAX.  I didn’t check beyond the weekend but there are several shows a day for at least a few days.

Is this not the same movie of which you are speaking???

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zrq1wNwT6rw

Lon

It appears this movie has a very limited run in this country and is available only in IMAX.  If you want to see it, you have only today or tomorrow to travel to Indianapolis or Chicago to do so.  In a week, it will only be available at the museums in Washington DC.

One more time we people in downstate IL are out of luck.

I was really looking forward to it, much more than First Man.

Dean Oliver <deanoliver1964@...>

It's a crying shame that it didn't come to the Savoy IMAX. I just couldn't find the time to go to Indy or Chicago.

On Wed, Mar 6, 2019 at 6:07 PM Gary Slater <gws77@...> wrote:

[...]

Greg Smith

Too bad it won’t be IMAX, but we should make plans to see it anyway. I’m kind of tied up on the weekend, but how about our usual Tuesday night, on the 12th?

- GDS

Apollo 11 (2019) is starting at Savoy theaters in standard definition only this Friday.  So it looks like it is available here, just not in IMAX.  I didn’t check beyond the weekend but there are several shows a day for at least a few days.

Is this not the same movie of which you are speaking???
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zrq1wNwT6rw

Lon

Jonathan Sivier

That works for me.

Jonathan

On 3/6/2019 6:35 PM, Greg Smith wrote:
Too bad it won’t be IMAX, but we should make plans to see it anyway. I’m kind of tied up on the weekend, but how about our usual Tuesday night, on the 12th?

- GDS

Apollo 11 (2019) is starting at Savoy theaters in standard definition only this Friday.  So it looks like it is available here, just not in IMAX.  I didn’t check beyond the weekend but there are several shows a day for at least a few days.

Is this not the same movie of which you are speaking???
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zrq1wNwT6rw

Lon

Greg Smith

I checked, and it will still be showing on Tuesday, 3/12. It looks like the best time will be 6:40 PM. We can work out the details in the other list.

Too bad it won’t be IMAX, but we should make plans to see it anyway. I’m kind of tied up on the weekend, but how about our usual Tuesday night, on the 12th?

- GDS

Dean Babcock

where is the movie being shown?

On March 6, 2019 at 7:34 PM Greg Smith <gregs@illinois.edu> wrote:

I checked, and it will still be showing on Tuesday, 3/12. It looks like the best time will be 6:40 PM. We can work out the details in the other list.

Too bad it won’t be IMAX, but we should make plans to see it anyway. I’m kind of tied up on the weekend, but how about our usual Tuesday night, on the 12th?

Savoy 16, south of Champaign on Neil Street. It opens Friday (but no IMAX, as we said).

I checked, and it will still be showing on Tuesday, 3/12. It looks like the best time will be 6:40 PM. We can work out the details in the other list.

Too bad it won’t be IMAX, but we should make plans to see it anyway. I’m kind of tied up on the weekend, but how about our usual Tuesday night, on the 12th?

Works for me.

Christopher Brian Deem NAR 12308 TRA 2256 level 2

Greg Smith wrote:
Too bad it won’t be IMAX, but we should make plans to see it anyway. I’m kind of tied up on the weekend, but how about our usual Tuesday night, on the 12th?

- GDS

Apollo 11 (2019) is starting at Savoy theaters in standard definition only this Friday.  So it looks like it is available here, just not in IMAX.  I didn’t check beyond the weekend but there are several shows a day for at least a few days.

Is this not the same movie of which you are speaking???
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zrq1wNwT6rw

Lon

---
https://www.avg.com

John Page

Just saw this Movie last night in Orange, CA with my brothers Mark and Robert.
You Must see this!!!
It was awesome.

John

John Page | Principal
pagetech limited
aero313 | creative studio
614.216.3252 | mobile/text
614.255.1480 | office
614.255.1481 | fax
PO Box 9870 | Columbus, OH 43209
pagetechltd.com | we do live events!
aero313.com | we do creative!

On 3/6/19, 7:35 PM, "Greg Smith" <cia-rocketry@groups.io on behalf of gregs@illinois.edu> wrote:

Too bad it won’t be IMAX, but we should make plans to see it anyway. I’m kind of tied up on the weekend, but how about our usual Tuesday night, on the 12th?

- GDS

Apollo 11 (2019) is starting at Savoy theaters in standard definition only this Friday. So it looks like it is available here, just not in IMAX. I didn’t check beyond the weekend but there are several shows a day for at least a few days.

Is this not the same movie of which you are speaking???
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zrq1wNwT6rw

Lon

Dean Babcock

Saw the movie tonight, I agree a must see.