We have a rocket launch scheduled tomorrow, Saturday, February 23, at Dodds Park in Champaign.

Setup will begin at 12:00 noon, probably in the north half of the Dodds Park soccer field parking lots. We can fly until sundown at 5:38 PM. There will be no waiver in effect for this launch.

The forecast is wet and breezy:

-----

Saturday - Showers and thunderstorms, mainly before noon, then showers and possibly a thunderstorm after 3pm. High near 52. South southeast wind 10 to 14 mph, with gusts as high as 21 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.

-----

Rainy and windy. (Warm, though!) I'll look at the actual conditions and post the final launch status to this list shortly after 11:00 AM Saturday, but it sounds pretty unlikely to me that we'll be able to fly. You can call me after 11:00 AM tomorrow at 217-840-1678 for information.

Whether or not we hold the launch, a group of us will be attending the Insect Fear Film Festival at the Foellinger Auditorium on campus Saturday evening. The show starts at 7:00 PM, but we'll meet at 5:30 PM at the Courier Café in downtown Urbana for dinner beforehand. All are welcome.

Our next scheduled launch will be on Saturday, March 9.

GregS@... 217-840-1678