Re: GARLO 2021 next Saturday #Launch

Mike Maxwell

No disappointments here! I’ll be happy if I can make it out period. Going for a level one would only be a cherry on top! Hope to make it out and at least get a few launches in. 

On Jun 20, 2021, at 8:19 PM, Christopher Deem <chris-deem@...> wrote:

It depends. It depends on the weather conditions, the number of people there, and other things that might pop up. It is certainly a possibility . So, come prepared, don't be disappointed if things don't work out.

-------- Original message --------
Date: 6/20/21 8:01 PM (GMT-06:00)
To: cia-rocketry@groups.io
Subject: Re: [cia-rocketry] GARLO 2021 next Saturday #Launch

Any chance if I can make it I could could take a shot at my level 1 or would that be a bad idea/ distasteful?

On Jun 20, 2021, at 7:41 PM, Greg Smith <gregs@...> wrote:

Since it’s GARLO, I would like to try and make a definitive call on Friday evening, if possible. Otherwise, certainly by 8 AM Saturday. The default will be to “go” if the wind or weather is only a little threatening, even if that means we have to cancel once we arrive at the field. I’d rather get the team assembled rather than be short handed in case we can proceed.

None of this is ideal for out of town folks, I know.

- GDS

From: cia-rocketry@groups.io [mailto:cia-rocketry@groups.io] On Behalf Of Gary Slater
Sent: Sunday, June 20, 2021 6:08 PM
To: cia-rocketry@groups.io
Subject: Re: [cia-rocketry] GARLO 2021 next Saturday #Launch

Greg, what time can we expect a go/no go for GARLO?  If set up time is at 9am, I need to know no later than 8 am, better at 7 to give me pack up time.  

On 06/20/2021 5:25 PM Jonathan Sivier <jsivier@...> wrote:

Our big annual event, the Great Rocket Launch of 2021, or GARLO 2021, will be held next Saturday, June 26 at Dodds Park in Champaign. Flying will start around 10 a.m. and continue until around 4 p.m.
If you can come early to help set up, meet at the parking lots at 9 a.m.

The theme this year is "Recovery." Awards will be given for interesting and unusual recovery methods. We'll also be giving out our usual awards for best flights and best looking rockets. A secondary theme will be "Mars Lander." See the web page at http://www.ciarocketry.org/garlo.html for more details.

At the moment the weather is looking a bit uncertain for next Saturday. The rain date for GARLO will be our next regularly scheduled launch date of July 10.

I hope to see everyone there.

Jonathan

Join cia-rocketry@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.