Enough 4F isnt an issue for me, Steve.

 My tools are not all out of storage or are still boxed up since my move. Making a CR is my problem.

Costs more to ship one than the ring does I think.

On Jun 10, 2021, at 7:43 PM, steven dramstad <sdramstad@...> wrote:

I know Mini Mags are short but I would want the forward most ring far enough forward that you don’t have a lot of body tube to pressurize for ejection. 38s don’t usually come with a lot of black powder. I would make a 3rd ring and position it as far forward as is practical.

Steve

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

From: Kevin A
Sent: Thursday, June 10, 2021 5:23 PM
To: cia-rocketry@groups.io Group Moderators
Subject: Re: [cia-rocketry] Centering Ring Placement

I would think at the top of the TTW fin tab would give the best support... But how far past that point does the MMT extend?

If that ring is not at least slightly past the midpoint of the MMT, I'd be looking at other options... Perhaps some shims at the leading end of the MMT tube vs a full ring?

Just my noob thoughts.

Cheers,

Kevin

On Thu, Jun 10, 2021, 4:50 PM Gary Slater <gws77@...> wrote:

Taking a pole.

I know what I want to do.  This is just for discussion, especially for the newer flyers who may be wanting to get into more mid-high power flying.  (Chris will like that!)

This rocket uses a Loc 5.5 in airframe with a 38 mm MMT and will fly H-J motors.

I have only 2 centering rings. Adding a 3 ring is not an option.

Do you like:

1: the forward ring in the most forward position at leading fin tip

or

2: on top of the TTW fin tab?

The other will of course, will be located behind the fin tab.

Thanks for your input.