Re: Starship Prototype update

Shaun L. Bill

WB-57 is air born and bound for Brownsville.
fueling has started.
I am going to make sure I have it up on YouTube.
Best guess at this point is 1545-1600ish.

On 12/08/2020 2:23 PM Shaun L. Bill <slbill@...> wrote:

NASA WB-57 out of Ellington (Houston) being used to support this.
Currently not slated to take off until 230pm CST.
When that takes off, it should give us a 30-45 minute warning.
On 12/08/2020 1:32 PM Shaun L. Bill <slbill@...> wrote:

prepping for flight now
Nothing before 2pm...probably later
On 12/08/2020 11:36 AM Gary Slater <gws77@...> wrote:

exactly what I meant
On 12/08/2020 11:33 AM Shaun L. Bill <slbill@...> wrote:

Lowered Expectations!

On 12/08/2020 11:19 AM Gary Slater <gws77@...> wrote:

Would that be Elon's way of saying, without saying, he doesn't expect it to go well?

On 12/08/2020 11:15 AM Shaun L. Bill <slbill@...> wrote:

Looks like flight window opens about 2pm.
Because this is a prototype test, Elon estimates maybe 1/3 chance of getting SN8 back intact.
On 12/08/2020 10:51 AM Shaun L. Bill <slbill@...> wrote:

Nothing immediately imminent.
Pad is clear and some venting is taking place but Remove Before Flight" items still in place.
On 12/08/2020 9:53 AM Gary Slater <gws77@...> wrote:

SpaceX Starship set to begin live coverage in a few minutes:

only scheduled for a 12.5 km flight but with landing of the rocket too I think