Re: #Launch is GO #Launch

Jonathan Sivier

If you go to where we were last time we are almost directly east from there.  Looking at the map linked on the CIA maps page you can see the east access road that winds up to the south end of the runway.  From our location last time go south to the 4 way stop.  Turn left and drive east.  The road curves north.  You will see the entrance on the left after a bit.

Jonathan

On Sat, Oct 24, 2020, 1:29 PM John Robbins <johnrobbinsshell@...> wrote:
Can someone drop a pin where u guys are at today and share it?

On Sat, Oct 24, 2020 at 12:03 PM, Greg Smith
<gregs@...> wrote:
At 11:00 AM, it was 44°F in Champaign, with overcast skies at 3,200', and a NNE wind at 8 mph.

Although the cloud ceiling is currently too low to make full use of our maximum waiver altitude of 10,000 feet, it is expected to clear in the next couple of hours.

Otherwise, conditions are acceptable for flying, so we will meet as scheduled at noon on the east side of the Rantoul field to begin setting up for our launch.

greg@...  217-840-1678