We have a rocket launch scheduled tomorrow, Saturday, October 24, at the Rantoul Aviation Center. For directions to this site, see http://www.ciarocketry.org/maps.html#rantoul

Setup will begin at 12:00 noon, probably at the alternate location inside the fence along the east side of the airfield. Our waiver allows flights up to 10,000' MSL (or 9,263' from ground level). We can fly until sunset at 6:00 PM.

The forecast:

-----

Saturday - Mostly sunny, with a high near 52. Northeast wind 9 to 11 mph, with gusts as high as 15 mph.

-----

It may be a little on the chilly side at launch time, so dress in layers! I worry that the wind might be a problem, although we were lucky to have a beautiful day after a similar forecast two weeks ago. Let's call our chances 60% or so. I'll post the final decision about the launch here shortly after 11:00 AM tomorrow. You can also call me after that time at 217-840-1678 for an update.

Our next launch will be Saturday, November 14 (three weeks later this time) at the farm field near Forsyth.

We will be enforcing our physical distancing and masking requirements at tomorrow's launch. (Jonathan still has CIA logo masks available in a variety of fashionable colors!)

greg@... 217-840-1678