Re: call for nominations for GARLO awards

John Robbins

Thanks for hosting the event.  My first time at Rantoul site.  Started small and went larger.

Would of liked to have gotten a few more in the air but it was a good day.  6 out of 6.

My flights outlined below.

10/10/2020

Rantoul Site

Estes

Corvette Class

C6-5

342

1:35pm

First time launching in Rantoul.   Partly cloudy, temps in the mid 70s, partly cloudy, winds out of the  SE 5-10.  Later on in the day winds were zero and skies should clear.
Maiden flight checking wind.  Good flight in the field 50’ from the pad downwind.

10/10/2020

Rantoul Site

Quest

Magnum

C6-3

613

2:52pm

Clustered rocket.  Maiden flight.  2x C6-3.  Great straight flight.  In the field 100’ downwind of the pads.

10/10/2020

Rantoul Site

Estes

Cosmic Interceptor

E30-7T

495

3:59pm

GARLO Best Looking Rocket flight.  Great straight flight with little twist.  In the field 50’ downwind of the pads.

10/10/2020

Rantoul Site

Estes

Doorknob

F15-4

686

4:47pm

Great maiden flight with Vanderburn upgrades. Low and Slow.  Chute release @300.  In the field 20’ upwind of the pad. My closest to the pad.

10/10/2020

Rantoul Site

Estes

Ascender

F15-8

1876

5:13pm

Boosted flight with a F15.  Rod little too angled.   Good ignition of upper stage and headed down range when booster lit.  Landed 1/2 mile from pads next to runway.  Spent little time finding due to incoming planes.  Chute release @ 300.

10/10/2020

Rantoul Site

Estes

Nike smoke 29

G76-10G

1956

6:14pm

Last of the day and getting dark.  Little concerned about delay but went with it.  Heard it whistling coming in but popped and chute release at 300.  Landed 500’ upwind.  No zipper.

John Robbins