Re: Outlook for Saturday #Launch

Jonathan Sivier

Since it will be our "mini-GARLO" everyone should wear their favorite GARLO shirt from a past year. If you don't have any I will have an assortment of shirts from some of our previous GARLO's available for a great bargain price.

Jonathan

On 10/9/2020 6:29 PM, Greg Smith wrote:
We have a rocket launch scheduled tomorrow, Saturday, October 10, at the Rantoul Aviation Center. For directions to this site, see http://www.ciarocketry.org/maps.html#rantoul

Setup will begin at 12:00 noon, probably at our usual location at the southwest corner of the airfield, near the hay barn. Our waiver allows flights up to 10,000' MSL (or 9,263' from ground level). We can fly until sunset at 6:20 PM.

If we fly tomorrow, it will also be our "mini-GARLO" launch, with awards for best flight, best looking rocket, and theme (20/20 Vision).

The forecast:

-----

Saturday - Partly sunny, with a high near 82. South southwest wind 8 to 10 mph, with gusts as high as 16 mph.

-----

We'll have to watch those wind gusts. We won't be able to fly if they exceed 20 mph. I'm mostly optimistic that we'll be able to hold the launch, but will need to check the conditions in the morning. I'll post the final decision about the launch here shortly after 11:00 AM tomorrow. You can also call me after that time at 217-840-1678 for an update.

Our next launch will be Saturday, October 24, also at the Rantoul Aviation Center.

We will be enforcing our physical distancing and masking requirements at tomorrow's launch. (See Jonathan to get one of our cool CIA logo masks!)

greg@... 217-840-1678
_._,_._,_