Re: Level 1 certification

Christopher Deem

That should have been 32 ounches. 

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

-------- Original message --------
Date: 9/29/20 1:51 PM (GMT-06:00)
To: cia-rocketry@groups.io
Subject: Re: [cia-rocketry] Level 1 certification

As your friendly neighborhood AeroTech dealer, I would be remiss if I did not mention the AeroTech  Mega Initiator. 4" diameter, 60" tall, 32 inches. 54mm motor mount, with adapters for 38mm anorder in the next
d 29mm. If you order in the next couple of hours, 25% off of the regular $169.99 price.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

-------- Original message --------
Date: 9/29/20 11:37 AM (GMT-06:00)
Subject: Re: [cia-rocketry] Level 1 certification

Here are a couple photos of my last build. Is was a north coast rocketry SA-14 Archer. I like the idea of fiberglass. One reason I was thinking of PML was because of the quantum tubing and how they clams it’s is stronger and smooth without filling in spirals. I will check out hawkmountain. Thanks!

On Sep 29, 2020, at 11:20 AM, Tim Dixon <dixontj936@...> wrote:

Lon makes some good points. Another great "pro" in considering Binder Design is their thorough, illustrated instruction set, which for a first high power/Level 1 build is great learning in itself.

On Tue, Sep 29, 2020, 11:58 AM Lon Westfall <l.westfall@...> wrote:
Hi Mike,

I started rocketry with PML kits.  My level one cert was with an Ariel.  I would recommend staying away from Quantum Tubing which is what is used on the Miranda, Endeavour, and the Ariel.  For most people building a first high power kit it is probably best to stick with cardboard or blue tube and no pistons.  Pistons and Quantum Tubing do not mix well although I have had good luck with fiberglass and pistons.  I'm personally fond of fiberglass or carbon fiber rockets but they require more experience with construction than cardboard or blue tube and are much more expensive.  Popular cardboard kits are available from locprecision.com and binderdesign.com.  If you are in the market for fiberglass kits a source for well designed and complete kits is hawkmountian.ws.  Most manufactures of fiberglass kits do not include things like a parachute.

Don't be afraid to ask more questions.

Lon Westfall

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tue, 29 Sep 2020 10:25:25 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: [cia-rocketry] Level 1 certification

Good morning everyone. I have been thinking about trying to get a level one certification over the last few weeks and I’m looking for some advice on a kit. I have been looking at public missiles and like two of their kits. The Miranda and the Endeavour.
The Miranda is :
3” diameter
62” tall
52oz
And has the kwik switch 54/38/29 MMT.
The Endeavour is:
3.9” diameter
71” tall
72 oz
And has the same kwik switch MMT
I read in an article to think about where you would like to be in 2-3 years after your level one and use a kit with that in mind. That being said I am leaning toward the larger Endeavour. If anyone has had any experience with public missiles kits I would love to know how the quality is. Also if anyone has any other suggestions for different kits I would appreciate it.
Thanks mike

Join cia-rocketry@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.