Re: #Launch CANCELED #Launch

Greg Smith

The forecast says the rain will last off and on until about 9:00 tonight – so we’ll just try next time.






From: [] On Behalf Of steven dramstad
Sent: Saturday, September 12, 2020 11:12 AM
Subject: Re: [cia-rocketry] #Launch CANCELED


Will we do a night launch then?


Sent from Mail for Windows 10


From: Greg Smith
Sent: Saturday, September 12, 2020 11:05 AM
Subject: [Special] [cia-rocketry] #Launch CANCELED


At 11:00 AM, it was 72°F in Champaign, with an overcast sky at 400 feet, light mist, and a south wind at 10 mph. Heavier rain is visible on radar to our north and west and is predicted to begin here about 1:00 PM.

Due to the low ceiling and threat of rain, conditions are poor for flying today, so our launch is canceled.

We'll try again in two weeks, on Saturday, September 26.


Greg Smith  N9LHI
NAR 15881 * TRA 1974
Director of Operations, Central Illinois Aerospace
greg@...  217-840-1678


Join to automatically receive all group messages.