We have a rocket launch scheduled tomorrow, Saturday, August 22, at Dodds Park in Champaign.

Setup will begin at 12:00 noon, probably in the south half of the soccer field parking lots. Flying can continue until sunset at 7:39 PM. Our waiver allows flying motors through "H" class up to 4,000' MSL (about 3,250' from ground level).

The forecast looks great:

-----

Saturday - Sunny, with a high near 86. Calm wind becoming south southwest around 5 mph in the afternoon.

-----

I'm very confident we'll be able to fly. As always, I'll post the final decision about the launch here shortly after 11:00 AM tomorrow. You can call me after that time at 217-840-1678 for an update.

Our next launch will be Saturday, September 12 at Dodds Park. That will also be our annual night launch, so be prepared to stay out late and bring your rockets equipped with lights, strobes, beepers, etc. (Flashlights and insect repellant also highly recommended!)

We will be enforcing our physical distancing and masking requirements at tomorrow's launch. See Jonathan's message from Tuesday, 7/21 for the details.

greg@... 217-840-1678