Re: launch on Saturday #Launch

Joseph Rice

Thank you.  I have one. May bring it Saturday.

Joe

On Jul 22, 2020, at 4:37 PM, Jonathan Sivier <jsivier@...> wrote:

I'm pretty sure that we do have one. I haven't used it, so perhaps one of the people who have could respond and let you know for sure.

Jonathan

On 7/22/2020 3:04 PM, Joseph Rice via groups.io wrote:
Does the club have a mini rail ?

On Jul 21, 2020, at 2:11 PM, Jonathan Sivier <jsivier@...> wrote:

We have another rocket launch scheduled for this Saturday, July 25 at Dodds Park in Champaign. As always it will depend on the weather. Greg will be making an announcement later in the week with the outlook for the launch, but I thought I should give a heads-up about the launch since we haven't be holding them regularly.

As was the case last time we will be following our COVID-19 launch protocols. They seemed to work well last time and allowed to hold a launch while keeping everyone safe. I will append the rules below.

Jonathan

Rules for CIA launches at Dodds Park V1.1

These rules are based on guidelines from the Park District as well as our own
common sense. They may be adjusted as time goes by and we see things that
need to be changed or added.

- If you don't feel well, stay home.

- Don't park in adjacent spaces.

- Set up your prep area at a reasonable distance from others.

- If you want to participate in the launch, a mask must be worn to cover both
your nose and mouth whenever you cannot maintain a safe distance from other
participants. No exceptions to masks. Effectively, this means that masks
must be worn when you are not at your own setup area or your car, or
recovering a rocket in the field far from other people.

- Everyone should bring their own hand sanitizer and use it regularly.
Especially after you have been in contact with the pads or wadding bucket
that others will also be using.

- Bring a scoop or cup or something to get wadding out of the bucket, rather
than using your hands.

- Take your trash out of the park with you when you leave. Bring a trash
bag you can use for your trash.

- We will have the pads spaced out in pods, with possibly 2 pads per pod.
Only one person at a pod at a time. The exception to this is that members
of a family can go to the pad together.

- One LCO or specific sanitizing between multiple LCOs.

- No remote launch button (sorry kids).

- Do not hover or loiter at the LCO table, unless you are the LCO.

- Be willing to inform visitors and guests about these safeguards.
We all need to help keep everyone safe. We'll need everyone to do their
part, including letting new people know what they should do.

- We will be collecting contact information of all participants and
spectators. Check in with the LCO when you arrive. This is so that if
someone present happens to be infected their past contacts can be traced.

- For set up and tear down, only one person in the trailer at a time. That
person can unload/reload equipment and the rest of us can carry that
equipment to and from the field. When doing so we need to wear masks and
try to maintain spacing as best we can.

- We are limited to 50 people in a group. Generally this shouldn't be a
problem. However, we may ask spectators to sit away from the rest of the
group and thus not be considered part of our group.