Re: Dodds acreage?

Christopher Deem

A lot depends on the wind speed and direction. We have launched rockets to 2000 ft or more that recovered in the park, and we’ve had rockets go much lower that left the park. A parachute release will greartly increase your chances of staying in the park, and we usually try to set up where we will have the most recovery area.

Christopher Brian Deem NAR 12308 TRA 2256 level 2                                               Sent from Mail for Windows 10

From: Greg Montalvo
Sent: Tuesday, July 7, 2020 9:14 PM
To: cia-rocketry@groups.io
Subject: Re: [cia-rocketry] Dodds acreage?

I was thinking about driving over from Macomb, IL to launch with you this weekend.  I have a couple of rockets with G motors.  One should reach 2000ft. I plan to use a Jolly Logic Chute Release set to 300 ft.  Can Dodd’s Field handle that?

Thanks,

Greg Montalvo

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

From: Gary Slater <gws77@...>

Date: 7/7/20 4:26 PM (GMT-06:00)

Just after hitting the send I remembered I have google earth.  I did a quick measurement.  From Bradley to the ball fields (~1300') x east to west field measurement (~980') equals about 29 acres if my math is correct.

On 07/07/2020 4:19 PM Gary Slater <gws77@...> wrote:

Greg, did you say once that Dodds is about 20 acres?