Re: we are planning to launch rockets at Dodds Park on July 11 #Launch

Bill Murphy

Good description

On Jul 3, 2020, at 9:48 AM, William Carney via groups.io <WillCarney@...> wrote:

It's tough sometimes to struggle to breath.  When I'm in stage 2 or 3 wearing a mask for more than 5 minutes causes hyperventilation.  I've identified 4 stages in my allergies.  A lot of people have stage 1 but mine are worse.  Fortunately I've never gone to 4.

Stage 1                                               Running nose, eye watering, eye irritation, slight nasal

congestion.

Stage 2                 Stage 1 plus:         Greater nasal congestion, harder to breathe, some sinus

headaches,  beginning of lung congestion, hyper ventilation

beginning, sore and swollen throat starting.

Stage 3                 Stage 1& 2 plus:   Nasal blockage almost complete, sinus headaches bad,

worse lung congestion, fluid on the lungs, hyper ventilate

bad,  throat much worse.  Struggle to breath.

Stage 4                 Anaphylaxic

When the summer humidity hits it's hard too.  It bites to have issues like that.
Hopefully my new med's will help but I'm not expecting much.  An allergic reaction is different than just
having Asama but I'll see how it turns out.  I'm just starting on them today.

It would be nice to fly.  Long range predictions are 50% chance of rain but you know how that goes.

I've got about 5-6 rockets to sell and some items to give away.  I'll post them later.

Sorry about the rant on the medical issue.  Not a lot of people just know how bad allergies can be.

By the way I posted several of my last completed rockets on NAR facebook site.

William
In a message dated 7/2/2020 10:07:18 PM Central Standard Time, gpm64@... writes:

In April I launched with the QCRC.  Most everyone wore a mask when out of the their cars, but if recommended social distancing protocols are used, this can be done safely.

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: Thursday, July 2, 2020 7:19 PM
To: cia-rocketry@groups.io
Subject: Re: [cia-rocketry] we are planning to launch rockets at Dodds Park on July 11 #Launch

Hopefully it will go.  As far as masks I can't wear one right now due to medical issues.  My doctor has got me on several new drugs to see if it helps in my breathing.  I have been tested once and will get tested every month.  Generally I'm in stage 2 or 3 right now in allergy attack.  Hyperventilation happens way to often.  Stage 4 is anaphlylaxis  which I've never had.  The CDC does allow for several exemptions including medical issues or kids 3 and under.  Hopefully my new med's will work and I can tolerate a mask.  I have two new inhalers and one pill to try.

If I can come providing we have a launch I have some stuff to give away and some to sell as well.

William

In a message dated 7/2/2020 4:18:17 PM Central Standard Time, jsivier@... writes:

Now that Illinois has moved to Phase 4 of the reopening plan we have gotten the OK from the park district to hold launches at Dodds Park in Champaign. Our first scheduled launch will be on Saturday, July 11. We will plan on meeting there at noon to set up and hope to be flying by around 1 p.m.

We will be putting together a plan for how to hold the launch safely. Details will be forthcoming, but it will probably include not attending if you have a fever or don't feel well, setting up your stuff well separated from the rest of the participants, wearing a mask when not far away from everyone else and limiting the number of people who can be working at the pads at any given time. This will be our first time doing this and I'm sure there will be things that will have to be worked out. So I hope everyone will have patience as we figure out how to safely hold launches during this difficult time.

Jonathan

Join cia-rocketry@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.