we are planning to launch rockets at Dodds Park on July 11 #Launch

Jonathan Sivier

Now that Illinois has moved to Phase 4 of the reopening plan we have gotten the OK from the park district to hold launches at Dodds Park in Champaign. Our first scheduled launch will be on Saturday, July 11. We will plan on meeting there at noon to set up and hope to be flying by around 1 p.m.

We will be putting together a plan for how to hold the launch safely. Details will be forthcoming, but it will probably include not attending if you have a fever or don't feel well, setting up your stuff well separated from the rest of the participants, wearing a mask when not far away from everyone else and limiting the number of people who can be working at the pads at any given time. This will be our first time doing this and I'm sure there will be things that will have to be worked out. So I hope everyone will have patience as we figure out how to safely hold launches during this difficult time.