Re: Buzz Bomb in Milford

Greg Smith

It’ll need a new coat of paint first.

I’ve always wondered if they named the JB-2 the Loon to try and convince the public that its sound was not really as offensive as it seemed (it was). It’s a lot less musical than the call of a real loon, but if you think of them both as “flying objects that make weird and loud sounds” then it may make some sense. It’s also less likely to upset the civilians than “buzzing white-hot purveyor of random death from the sky,” which would be the technical name for it.

- GDS

From: cia-rocketry@groups.io [mailto:cia-rocketry@groups.io] On Behalf Of Christopher Deem
Sent: Friday, May 01, 2020 5:58 PM
To: cia-rocketry@groups.io
Subject: Re: [cia-rocketry] Buzz Bomb in Milford

We can make it fly.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.

-------- Original message --------

Date: 5/1/20 5:53 PM (GMT-06:00)

To: CIA Email List <cia-rocketry@groups.io>

Subject: [cia-rocketry] Buzz Bomb in Milford

After 7 weeks of solitary confinement I broke down and make a break for it this afternoon. It was a nice day, so I took a drive to Milford, IL (about 70 miles from C-U depending on how you go) to take a look at the JB-2 Buzz Bomb they have on display. It is in a park on the west side of Route 1, just north of the Milford Elementary School and south of the Casey's. It is a very small park. If you blink you'll miss it.

The JB-2 was an American knock-off of the German V-1. Here is one of the pictures I took.

Jonathan

Join cia-rocketry@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.