Estes "Quality Control" ??????????

Gary Slater

I needed some for a modification project build I am working on for GARLO (fingers crossed).  So I bought a multi pack of Estes centering rings with various sizes.  You know, the fat ones, not the flat rings.  The package insert has the date June 2015 on it.

Attached are two pictures. One of the rings I got.
The second is the problem one.  This ring is supposed to fit a BT5.  There is NO way, NO chance, NOT EVEN close.  I had to sand them out to make them fit.

Anyone else ever have problems with these?