Saturday #launch CANCELED #Launch


Greg Smith
 

In response to the many concerns and cancellations related to the COVID-19 novel coronavirus pandemic, our leadership has been debating about what CIA events we should continue to hold over the next few weeks and months. Like everyone else, we're concerned for the health of our participants and at the same time uncertain about the properties and future spread of the disease and its risk to our members.

Out of an abundance of caution, we've decided to cancel this weekend's launch that was scheduled for Saturday, March 14 at the Forsyth farm field site. It was easier to make this decision since the weather forecast for Saturday is also pretty grim, with rain and even possibly some snow expected for much of the day.

At the moment, it is uncertain whether we'll try to hold next Tuesday's business meeting at Papa Del's. We'll let you know soon what we decide.

We are still planning for a launch on March 28 at the Forsyth site. We'll continue to watch for public health advisories (and, as always, the weather forecasts) over the next couple of weeks and will notify everyone here when we've made a decision.

Use your time to finish up those last winter building projects, and we'll get back in the air as soon as possible. In the meantime, stay safe and healthy.

-----

Greg Smith  N9LHI
NAR 15881 * TRA 1974
Director of Operations, Central Illinois Aerospace
greg@...  217-840-1678

Join cia-rocketry@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.