space exploration events on Tuesday

Jonathan Sivier

There are several events related to space exploration taking place this Tuesday, March 10 on the U of I campus. It seems like there is nothing happening for a long time and then suddenly several things all happen on the same day. Here are the events.

Noon:
How to Land on Mars. This talk was originally scheduled for a few months ago, but was cancelled due to illness. It is being held in the Bruce D. Nesbitt African American Cultural Center at the corner of Mathews & Nevada in Urbana. It runs from noon to 1 p.m. The talk is free and they say lunch is included. Sponsored by the Aerospace Engineering department. For more info see the page at
https://calendars.illinois.edu/detail/4338/33375689

3:45 pm:
Astronomy Colloquium - "The New Horizons Mission to Pluto and Beyond". In room 134 of the Astronomy Building, 1002 W. Green, Urbana. For more info see the page at
https://calendars.illinois.edu/detail/2607?eventId=33368186

5:00 pm:
Bill Weppner: Apollo at 50
Learn about Bill Weppner's experiences as a flight controller at NASA during
the Apollo Era. Light refreshments will be served. 1310 Digital Computer Lab, 1304 W Springfield Ave, Urbana, From 5-6:30 pm. Sponsored by the Aerospace Engineering department. I couldn't find a web page with details on this event, but you can find the listing at
https://eweek.illinois.edu/view/20200308 about 2/3 of the way down on the page.

I hope to attend these events. Everyone is welcome to join me for some or all of them.