Re: CANCELED #Launch


Jonathan Sivier
 

It also looks like the sustained wind speed may increase to more than 20 by the time we would be flying.

What time should we plan to meet at Monicals? Am I correct in remembering from past years that they open at 4:00?

Jonathan


On 1/1/2020 11:10 AM, Greg Smith wrote:
Happy 2020!

At 11:00 AM, it was 38°F in Champaign, with clear skies and a SW wind at 18 mph.

By itself, this is marginal - our guideline is to cancel if sustained winds are 18 mph or over, or gusts are 20 mph or above - but the forecast for the afternoon includes wind gusts of up to 28 mph until 6:00 PM today.

Therefore, today's launch is canceled.

We'll work with the ISS student group to try and set up an off-calendar launch in the next few days to help them meet their reporting deadline.

-----

Greg Smith  N9LHI
NAR 15881 * TRA 1974
Director of Operations, Central Illinois Aerospace
greg@...  217-840-1678
_._,_._,_

Join cia-rocketry@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.