We have a rocket launch scheduled tomorrow, Saturday, December 28, at Dodds Park in Champaign.

Setup will begin at 12:00 noon, probably in the south half of the soccer field parking lots. Flying can continue until sunset at 4:30 PM. Our waiver allows flying motors through "H" class up to 4,000' MSL (about 3,250' from ground level).

Not a very good forecast:

-----

Saturday - A chance of showers, with thunderstorms also possible after 4pm. Cloudy, with a high near 56. Southeast wind 8 to 13 mph, with gusts as high as 21 mph. Chance of precipitation is 40%.

-----

At least it will be warm. However, the wind speed and direction and the chance of rain and a low ceiling are all against us. I'll look at the actual conditions and short term forecasts and post the final decision about the launch here shortly after 11:00 AM tomorrow. You can call me after that time at 217-840-1678 for an update.

Our next launch will be our annual New Year's Day event on Wednesday, January 1. The next regular club launch will be Saturday, January 11. Both of these will be at Dodds Park.

greg@... 217-840-1678