Outlook for Sunday #Launch

Greg Smith

We will try again to launch tomorrow, Sunday, November 24, at the farm field near Forsyth, IL. For directions to the launch site, see http://www.ciarocketry.org/maps.html#forsyth

Setup will begin (earlier than usual) at 10:00 AM. Flying will end by sunset at 4:30 PM. Our waiver allows flying up to 10,000' MSL (about 9,250' from ground level).

The NWS forecast for Decatur is:

-----

Sunday - Sunny, with a high near 48. West southwest wind 7 to 10 mph, with gusts as high as 16 mph.

-----

This is much better than the rain and overcast on Saturday, but the wind speed is a mild concern. Still, it looks good overall. I'll check the conditions about 9:00 AM tomorrow and post the final decision about the launch. You can call me after that time at 217-840-1678 for an update.

Our next regular club launch will be next Saturday, 11/30, also at the Forsyth field.

greg@n9lhi.net 217-840-1678