We have a special event rocket launch scheduled tomorrow, Saturday, November 16, at Dodds Park in Champaign. The main purpose will be to fly rockets built by this semester's Aerospace Engineering 199 class at the University of Illinois, and those flights will have priority, but there should be plenty of chances for regular sport flying as well.

Setup will begin at 12:00 noon. The days are short now, so flying will need to end by sunset at 4:35 PM. Our waiver allows flying motors through "H" class up to 4,000' MSL (about 3,250' from ground level).

With winds forecast to be from the east, let's meet first in the north half of the parking lots. That way, we'll be able to use the sidewalk to carry equipment out toward the east side of the field. We may have to modify that plan if the wind direction is more southerly.

The NWS forecast is:

-----

Saturday - Partly sunny, with a high near 39. East wind 5 to 7 mph.

-----

It will be a bit chilly and the wind direction isn't the best, but it sounds like the conditions will be acceptable. I'll post the final decision about the launch here shortly after 11:00 AM tomorrow. You can call me after that time at 217-840-1678 for an update.

Our next regular club launch will be next Saturday, 11/23, at the farm field near Forsyth.

greg@n9lhi.net 217-840-1678