launches this month #Launch

Jonathan Sivier

We had planned to hold a launch at the Forsyth launch site this coming Saturday. However, the field is still being harvested. We were afraid that this might happen given the weather we had in the spring that caused planting to be late and then this summer and fall that has delayed the harvest. This, and a couple of other things happening, have made us decide to alter our launch schedule for this month as follows.

Saturday, November 9 - no launch this weekend

Saturday, November 16 - launch at Dodds Park. We'll meet at noon to set up and fly during the afternoon. We will be hosting a group of U of I Aerospace Engineering students who will be flying some mid power (G motor) rockets they have been building this fall. This is the same weekend as Midwest Power. If you aren't going to that event we hope you will come and join us, weather permitting.

Saturday, November 23 - launch at Forsyth launch site. We may decide to start earlier in the day to give us more time to fly before sunset. Stay tuned for more info. If the weather isn't good on Saturday we will try again on Sunday, November 24.

Saturday, November 30 - launch at Forsyth launch site. We may decide to start earlier in the day to give us more time to fly before sunset. Stay tuned for more info. If the weather isn't good on Saturday we will try again on Sunday, December 1.