Re: Outlook for Saturday #Launch

John Robbins

The online calendar has a rain date of Sunday.   Is that not correct?

On Fri, Oct 25, 2019 at 6:04 PM, Greg Smith
<gregs@...> wrote:
We have a rocket launch scheduled tomorrow, Saturday, October 26, at the Rantoul Aviation Center.

Setup will begin at 12:00 noon, probably at our secondary location just inside the fence on the east side of the airfield. Flying can continue until sunset at 5:58 PM. Our waiver allows flying rockets up to 10,000' MSL (about 9,250' from ground level). "K" motors are about the maximum practical on this field.

There is no joy in the forecast:

-----

Saturday - Rain, mainly before 1pm, then showers and possibly a thunderstorm after 1pm. Some of the storms could produce heavy rainfall. High near 55. East northeast wind 10 to 18 mph, with gusts as high as 32 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New rainfall amounts between 1 and 2 inches possible.

-----

It's very unlikely we will be able to fly tomorrow. As usual, I'll check the conditions and make the final decision at 11:00 AM tomorrow, and will post it here shortly afterward. You can call me after that time at 217-840-1678 for an update.

Our next launch will be Saturday, November 9, at the farm field near Forsyth, IL.

-----

Greg Smith  N9LHI
greg@...  217-840-1678