We have a rocket launch scheduled tomorrow, Saturday, October 12, at the Rantoul Aviation Center.

Setup will begin at 12:00 noon, probably at the southwest corner of the airfield near the hay barn. Flying can continue until sunset at 6:15 PM. Our waiver allows flying rockets up to 10,000' MSL (about 9,250' from ground level). "K" motors are about the maximum practical on this field.

The forecast is not good:

-----

Saturday - Patchy frost before 8am. Otherwise, sunny, with a high near 55. Southwest wind 9 to 17 mph, with gusts as high as 28 mph. (NWS 10/11/2019 5:20 PM)

-----

We will probably not be able to fly due to the wind speed. However, I won't make the final decision about the launch until I see the conditions at 11:00 AM tomorrow, and will post it here shortly afterward. You can call me after that time at 217-840-1678 for an update.

Our next regular club launch will be Saturday, October 26, also at Rantoul.

greg@n9lhi.net 217-840-1678