postponing launch for kids #Launch


Jonathan Sivier
 

We had originally planned to help a group of kids fly some rockets at Dodds Park tomorrow afternoon. However, the forecast currently has winds higher than we like and from the southeast, which as we know if an unfortunate direction for the wind at Dodds Park. Also, there is still a small chance of rain in the afternoon. We had to make the decision earlier than we usually would so that the kids can be notified and the group can change their plans accordingly. So we have decided to err on the side of caution and postpone the rocket launch for the kids until next week, Thursday, October 17. The current forecast for next Thursday is looking better than the one for tomorrow. Hopefully it will stay that way and we'll be able to fly the rockets next week.

If you were planning to come out and help we hope you will be able to come next week instead.

Jonathan

Join cia-rocketry@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.