Re: Outlook for Saturday #Launch

William Carney

Love to be there but got to stay in town due to my mom having some issues.
Hate to miss a night launch.  I've got a great G motor sparky from Loki.  Good for a saucer.

William

In a message dated 9/13/2019 6:52:29 PM Central Standard Time, gregs@... writes:

We have a rocket launch scheduled tomorrow, Saturday, September 14, at Dodds Park in Champaign.

NOTE THAT THE START TIME IS DELAYED BY TWO HOURS DUE TO SOCCER ACTIVITIES AT THE PARK.

Setup will begin at 2:00 PM, probably in the south half of the soccer field parking lots. Weather permitting, we'll stay until after dark tomorrow for our annual night launch. The waiver, however, will expire at sunset at 7:00 PM. Our waiver allows flying motors through "H" class up to 4,000' MSL (about 3,250' from ground level).

The forecast is very good:

-----

Saturday - Sunny, with a high near 82. Light and variable wind.

-----

I'm not expecting any weather problems tomorrow. As always, I will post the final decision about the launch here shortly after 11:00 AM, or you can call me after that time at 217-840-1678.

Again due to a soccer tournament on the fourth Saturday of September, our next launch will be only one week away, on September 21. Be sure to note this change on your calendars!