We have a rocket launch scheduled tomorrow, Saturday, August 10, at Dodds Park in Champaign.

Setup will begin at 12:00 noon, probably in the south half of the soccer field parking lots. We can fly until sundown at 7:55 PM. Our waiver allows flying motors through "H" class up to 4,000' MSL (about 3,250' from ground level).

The forecast is about as good (and brief) as it gets:

-----

Saturday - Sunny, with a high near 86. Light and variable wind.

-----

Earlier forecasts had predicted southeasterly winds, so to be safe, we'll probably set up in the south half of the soccer fields. I am pretty confident we'll be able to fly, but as always, I'll post the final decision about the launch here shortly after 11:00 AM, or you can call me after that time at 217-840-1678.

Our next club launch will be on Saturday, August 24 at Dodds Park. It will be our annual Nostalgia Launch, so dust off those old rockets and motors (anything over 20 years old qualifies) and get 'em fixed up to fly!

GregS@illinois.edu 217-840-1678