We have a rocket launch scheduled tomorrow, Saturday, June 22, at Dodds Park in Champaign.
Setup will begin at 12:00 noon, probably in the south half of the soccer field parking lots. We can fly until sundown at 8:25 PM. If it's possible to fly, this will be the latest ending time of the year! Our waiver allows flying motors up through "H" class up to 4,000' MSL (about 3,250' from ground level).
Once again, the forecast is not very helpful:
Saturday - A chance of showers, with thunderstorms also possible after 2pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 82. East southeast wind 7 to 10 mph, with gusts as high as 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%.
It might be possible to sneak in some flying between the raindrops, or on the other hand, it might turn out to be too windy. It's hard to guess without seeing the actual conditions and short term forecast. As usual, we'll make the final decision about 11:00 AM tomorrow. I'll post the status here, or you can call me after 11:00 AM at 217-840-1678.
Our next launch will be Saturday, July 6 at Dodds Park. (Note that the 6th is the first Saturday in July, a departure from our usual calendar. This fits better with the special GARLO date on July 20.)
Greg Smith N9LHI
NAR 15881 * TRA 1974
Director of Operations, Central Illinois Aerospace