Subject: 2019 State 4-H Project Fair Judges - Aerospace
Date: Thu, 23 May 2019 10:42:39 -0500
From: Bone, Breanna Jane <bbone3@illinois.edu>
To: Sivier, Jonathan E <jsivier@illinois.edu>

I am in charge of finding project judges for the 2019 State 4-H Project
Fair this August. I am needing help finding qualified people to judge
the 4-H kids’ projects. Aerospace is a typically a tricky project area
to find judges for and Curt said may be able to help. Would you be
interested in being a judge or know of anyone who would like to judge? I
can tell you that the judges really enjoy the time with the kids and it
is a rewarding day. Below is some judge information.

Judge Info:

·Judges are needed Aug. 9, 10, 11, 12 (Friday through Monday) Judges may
work any day or combination of day(s) (one day or up to all four days).

·Judges get paid $35 for half day; $50 for all day(8am – 3pm); or judges
may volunteer their services.

·Judges are provided entry tickets to the fair and a parking pass for
the days they work. These passes also allow access to the rest of the
State Fair.

·A hotel room may be requested for those traveling more than two hours
or judging for multiple days.

· Lunch is provided.

·A rubric with judging criteria is provided to assist with scoring
projects. There is no previous judging experience needed.

·Judging is done by short one on one interviews with the project owner
(kids ages: 8-18). They are to be able to tell you about their project,
details of how it was made, etc.

·After the judging in your area is done, the judge can leave. The kids
come back later in the afternoon to see what ribbon they received.
(Judges are not there for this)

·The judging is done in the Orr Building on the Illinois State
Fairgrounds. The building is air conditioned.

If you wish to sign-up please click the following link:
go.illinois.edu/statefairhelp
<https://web.extension.illinois.edu/registration/default.cfm?RegistrationID=19411>

 If you have additional questions, I would be happy to assist. I am
available at 217-265-8208 or bbone3@illinois.edu.

Thanks for your time,
Breanna
Breanna J. Bone