launch code #Launch

Jonathan Sivier

We have a launch scheduled for this coming Saturday, though the weather may cause us to cancel. When Greg sends out his messages about the launch you may notice something different. We are trying out the hashtag feature of this email list. Some people on the list have their delivery setting as "Special Notices Only" which means they don't get all of the messages sent to the list, only those marked as Special Notices. In the past the only way to send a special message was through the web interface. The hashtag "#launch" should allow Greg to send his messages as special notices by normal email. Hopefully, this will keep everyone better informed about club activities.

You can reply to these messages just as in the past. However, the replies will not be marked as special notices so some people may not see them. Also, only moderators on the list are allowed to initiate a message with this hashtag. If you try to do so and aren't a moderator you will get an error message asking you to edit the message (and remove the hashtag).

If this works out we may add some more hashtags for various topics, some that can be used by anyone. This could be a way to help organize things by topic, for example messages about designing rockets or something like that. We'll see if that seems useful or not. For the moment we'll just use this one to mark messages pertaining to our rocket launches.

I've marked this message with the hashtag so you can see what it looks like. Hopefully this will be a useful tool for our club communications.

Let me know if you have any questions or comments about this topic.