Yolo Bypass Spraying

Paul Knoepfler

Hi,
The last week or two I've noticed the little plane zooming around and spraying something out over the Yolo Bypass Wildlife Area early in the mornings. I noticed the spray sometimes drifting quite a distance and since I was in the area I wondered about safety. What might I be breathing in? What do they spray? Is it possibly harmful to people or wildlife like birds?
Thanks,
Paul

--
Paul Knoepfler, Ph.D.
Professor

Andy Engilis

Paul,  I would pose this question to the wildlife area as we should not speculate here.  There are several possibilities,  mosquito abatement, rice ag applications (herbicides).

Andy

Andrew Engilis, Jr.

Curator

Museum of Wildlife and Fish Biology

Dept of Wildlife, Fish, and Conservation Biology

One Shield Avenue

University of California

Davis, CA 95616

USA

Office Phone:  530-752-0364

Cell: 530-902-1881

FAX: 530-752-4154

E-mail:  aengilisjr@...

The last week or two I've noticed the little plane zooming around and spraying something out over the Yolo Bypass Wildlife Area early in the mornings. I noticed the spray sometimes drifting quite a distance and since I was in the area I wondered about safety. What might I be breathing in? What do they spray? Is it possibly harmful to people or wildlife like birds?
Thanks,
Paul

--
Paul Knoepfler, Ph.D.
Professor
UC Davis School of Medicine
Department of Cell Biology & Human Anatomy
Genome Center
knoepfler@...

mr.zalophus

I was told once that these planes are also used to drop seeds, esp rice.

Bob Perry
El Dorado Hills