Putah Creek Sinks, Yolo County Migrants

Andy Engilis

This morning birds were hopping on private lands in Putah Creek Sinks.  We conducted bird surveys (not accessible to public) at sunrise and after the heavy winds it seems the birds were on the move again.  Best bird was a singing Yellow-breasted Chat (seems like there is a push of chats through Yolo and Sacramento counties of late).  Warblers included Townsend’s MacGillivray’s, Wilson’s, and Yellow.  Swainson’s Thrushes are pushing through now in good numbers.  Also my first Western Wood Pewee was singing, as were at least two male Pacific-slope Flycatchers.  Other migrants included Black-headed and Blue grosbeaks, Lazuli Bunting and several tanagers.

Good Birding – Andy Engilis

Andrew Engilis, Jr.

Curator

Museum of Wildlife and Fish Biology

Dept of Wildlife, Fish, and Conservation Biology

One Shield Avenue

University of California

Davis, CA 95616

USA