NEOTROPIC CORMORANT continues in Marysville (Yuba)

Steve Abbott

Birders,

I finally got over to Ellis Lake in Marysville around 12:30 today to see the NEOTROPIC CORMORANT that has been there for the last month, or so. Nicole Allison and I saw the bird on the dock from the traffic light before turning into the parking lot of the strip mall. There was a DOUBLE-CRESTED CORMORANT also on the dock providing a wonderful comparison. I was able to get marginal phone shots through the binoculars but was able to get both birds together.

Best,

Steve Abbott
Citrus Heights, Sacramento County

Andrew Engilis, Jr.

That's great Steve,  I went a couple times at end of June and the bird was not there.

Andy

On Wed, Jul 14, 2021, 8:25 PM Steve Abbott <birdinglists@...> wrote:
Birders,

I finally got over to Ellis Lake in Marysville around 12:30 today to see the NEOTROPIC CORMORANT that has been there for the last month, or so. Nicole Allison and I saw the bird on the dock from the traffic light before turning into the parking lot of the strip mall. There was a DOUBLE-CRESTED CORMORANT also on the dock providing a wonderful comparison. I was able to get marginal phone shots through the binoculars but was able to get both birds together.

Best,

Steve Abbott
Citrus Heights, Sacramento County

naturestoc