From: Clifford Hawley <yellowhammer74@...>
To: countybirders@... <countybirders@...>;
central_valley_birds@... <central_valley_birds@...>
Date: Saturday, November 17, 2001 7:20 PM
Subject: [CB] Colusa County Birds

Hi Birders,
Today the 17th of November I went looking for the
recently reported birds. I managed to refind the
Long-tailed Duck(Oldsquaw) at Delevan NWR and the
Mountain Plovers near the intersection of Browning and
Countyline Rd. I didn't find the Lapland Longspurs
reported yesterday by Brian Williams. There were
still a lot of Horned Larks in the area, but I didn't
hear any longspur calls. The Long-tailed Duck took a
while to locate. Mike Feighner was already there
looking for the bird. After about 20 minutes I saw
the bird diving near the back of the pond. At
Browning and County Line Rd the Mountain Plovers were
well off the road to the NE. There was also a
Ferruginous Hawk on the ground in the same field as
the plovers. That's all for now. Good luck and good
birding.

Cliff Hawley