[CALBIRDS] [countybirders] Emperor Goose Tehama

Larry Jordan

The Emperor Goose continues at Gerber WTP this afternoon at 2pm. First pond when you drive up to the building from Ventura Avenue off East Chard Avenue.

Larry Jordan
Oak Run, CA

On Tue, Oct 5, 2021 at 6:58 AM Ethan Monk <z.querula@...> wrote:
The Emperor Goose continues this morning, at the GPS provided by Asher.

Ethan

On Oct 5, 2021, at 5:30 AM, Brewbird <michele31@...> wrote:

This was a great find by Liam. I created a hotspot in eBird, Gerber WTP (limited access). As of 5:30 this morning, it was not on their website, but already on the app. For all of you that have entered a list, please change the location to the hotspot, so we don’t have a bunch of personal locations scattered around a small area. Thank you.

Michele Swartout
Red Bluff

“In every walk with nature, one receives far more than he seeks.”- John Muir

On Oct 4, 2021, at 19:26, Asher Perla <asher.perla@...> wrote:

Hi All,

I just finished up watching the immature Emperor Goose found earlier today by Liam Huber at the Gerber Water Treatment Plant in Tehama. The bird and the 4 white fronts it was with stayed until it got dark, feeding in the field next to the wtp. It was a beautiful bird, and a lifer for me.

These were the coordinates: 40.064616,-122.139616

Make sure to keep an eye out further south in the valley as this bird continues to migrate.

Good birding,

Asher Perla,

Oregon House

--