New rules for Tehama Emperor Goose

Brewbird

Hi all,
Leave it to the local girl to get locked behind the gate at the Gerber WTP. However, this may have been the best scenario, since I know people and was able to get out fairly quickly. If this was anyone out of town, this could have been a nightmare for them.
So, after talking with the head honcho, we came up with some rules.
The gates are open 7-3:30, Mon-Fri. The gates are closed and locked on weekends. If they happen to be open on a weekend, it’s because hay is being hauled out of the fields around the plant. DO NOT DRIVE IN! Only bird from the levee road, do not go to the office and do not walk or drive into the plant from the levee. They would prefer, not parking on the levee and leaving your car unattended, so go down to the lower road that parallels the levee and walk back up. They know this is a very rare bird and are welcoming people to see it, but they still have to do normal operations and having a bunch of birders is definitely not normal for them. Until this rarity showed up, most of you have probably never heard of Gerber before, so please respect this small facility.
They have no problem with people walking in, even on weekends. Just don’t block any roads, use common sense, be respectful and enjoy this great bird that Liam found. If you have any questions, I’ll answer them if I can. Thank you.

Michele Swartout
Red Bluff

“In every walk with nature, one receives far more than he seeks.”- John Muir

--
Michele Swartout
Red Bluff